Five advantages for using the no-touch Keller Funnel™ technique for breast augmentation
As a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon and the Co-Chairman of the Annual Toronto Breast Symposium, Dr. Beber is constantly seeking new technology and techniques to achieve the best possible outcomes for his patients. Breast augmentation continues to be the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure performed yearly in North America, and for patients seeking breast augmentation in Toronto with Dr. Beber, silicone implants continue to be a popular choice.
Introduced in 2009, the No-Touch Technique with the Keller Funnel™ for silicone breast augmentation brings many advantages. The Keller Funnel™ is a single-use medical device developed to deliver silicone gel implants directly into the breast pocket. The funnel features an internal coating that is slippery when wet allowing the implants to slide.
The implants are transferred from their sterile container directly into the funnel where they then slide into the breast pocket created by Dr. Beber. As a result, Dr. Beber’s gloved hands never come into contact with the implants, hence the “no-touch” technique.
The 5 advantages of using the Keller Funnel™ are:
- Shorter incisions/scars - By inserting the implant through a funnel as opposed the old method of a surgeon inserting the implant with their gloved hands into the breast pocket, the necessary incision is much shorter.
- Reduced risk of infections and capsular contracture - The no-touch technique is an approach that does not require Dr. Beber to touch the implants, thereby reducing the risk of bacterial contamination and subsequently significantly reducing the risk of capsular contractures.
- Faster recovery - Using a Keller Funnel™ will decrease possible trauma to the breast tissue, which in turn can lead to faster healing time, easier recovery and reduced pain during the recovery.
- Reduced stress to the implant - Using a funnel with its slippery coating allows for little to no force when placing and positioning the implant into the breast pocket. The little or lack of force to the implants reduces the risk of weakening the implant, thereby lowering the risk of implant rupture and prolonging the life of the implants.
- Shorter length of procedure - The ease of implant insertion using the Keller Funnel™ can lead to a shorter procedure, which means the patient will be under general anesthesia for a shorter period.
Dr. Beber always uses the No-Touch Keller Funnel™ Technique with silicone implants.
For more information about breast augmentation and the No-Touch Keller Funnel™ Technique, please call 416-466-5023 or email email@example.com
Dr. Beber is a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon based in Toronto with his private practice located in midtown Toronto offering popular surgical procedures such as breast enhancements and body contouring. Dr. Beber is on staff at both Women’s College Hospital and Michael Garron Hospital (formerly known as Toronto East General Hospital) where he provides reconstructive breast surgery to breast cancer survivors, and is a faculty member in the division of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Toronto.